Monday, September 28, 2009

The Weekend we all Hate

This past weekend was spent doing the final winterization of the Lucky Find III. Last year I contracted with Great Lakes Yacht Services to have this done for me, and after watching the excellent skills of Scott, their mechanic, I decided to do it this year myself.
We winterized both engines and generator, the domestic water system, the air conditioning system and the fresh-water washown. After that it was on to winterize the head, shower, and sump. Along with Dottie, we had this done in a few hours and then just decided to sit back and relax.
On Sunday, Dottie and I took off all the linens, towels, electronics and food. Packaged it all up and brought it home. Doug Parkhurst and I lowered the mast, and now she is about ready to shrink-wrap. I did order a new flybridge cover to be made by Cooper Canvas out of Mexico, NY. He promises an October 3rd completion date....we will see about that!

Once the cover is made, we will be able to bring down the bimini and flybridge enclosure and stow it all away. Then the marina will be able to do the shrink wrapping....and that will do it for 2009.

No comments: