Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day Two - A Day of Rest at Mariner's Landing

Today was supposed to be a day of rest.....Let's start off by saying that, REST to me, means a day with absolutely nothing to do...

I awoke at 4:00AM this morning, and at 7:00am I drove to Clyde to leave Dotties car at home.
At 8:00am I got my haircut.
Then, Andrea Steele, who works for me, drove me back to Mariner's Landing with a stop at Lake Shore Y&CC to pick up a few items that we had left on our dock there.
By 11:30AM we arrived at Mariner's Landing, picked up Dottie, and went to a place called Eddie's for lunch. An excellent choice for lunch just to let you know.

Back to the marina by 12:45, I took our two bikes off the main deck and wanted to go for a quick ride into town.....Needless to say, I got about 10 feet and the chain came off the sprocket. After sweating my face off in the 90 degree heat and high humidity, at about 2:30PM, I finally got it fixed along with remving the two fenders and tightening up all bolts on the bikes, and off to town we went.

Sylvan Beach is a real tourist community. Amusement park and all. Tuesdays are a busy day here, as are most days....There is a Farmer's Market with an excellent choice of fruit and veggies, then a motorcycle gathering called Bikes at the Beach until 7PM.
Though, we were back to the boat by 4:30PM, and Dottie decided on taking a quick nap before making dinner aboard..
We bbq'd some chicken, mixed it with a Ceasar Salad with some other goodies.....and dinner was done and cleaned up by 6:30PM. Off again into town, but our venture was cut short by a severe thunder and lightening storm.....actually, it felt nice. It broke all the humidity and the temps went down from mid-80's to mid 60's in about 15 minutes. Nice....and for once, welcomed.
We just finished watching Seinfeld on our TV, and now it is time for a cup of coffee and a piece of Eddies chocolate cream pie.....very yummy!!

More to come tomorrow.

No comments: