Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day Three - Another day of rest

Awoke at 3AM this morning......thinking about clothes I need for convention, and guess what?
I did not bring any and neither did Dottie. We completely forgot about "dress clothes"

Back to Clyde we go....thank God our daughter Karen lives nearby. She picked us up in Sylvan Beach, and drove us to Cicero, where I had left my car last week.
Off we go to Clyde to pick up a few suits and some dresses along with ties, shoes and cuff links. Now we are ready to begin our journey. Back to boat by 2:30PM, and after looking all around boat and other personal property, I cannot find my cellphone. It must be somewhere....but where?

At 4:30 Dottie takes her daily nap, as she has done for the past 35 years....LOL, and I remembered where I saw my cellphone last....on our kitchen table in Clyde.

Tonight is the Big Frog Country Showcase.at the Sylvan Beach Bandstand.
Neither Dottie or I are into country music, but we went down anyway. They had two bands. The Texaco Oil Country Showdown was first at 6:00PM and Big Frog 104 (A local country radio station) was the sponsor of the second band. the second band was called the Moss Back Mule Band, which is a Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson band wrapped into one. In our eyes, both sucked so, we went back to boat by 7:15 and Dottie commenced to make dinner. Some nice stip steaks, BBQ'd with fresh corn on the cob, and a tomato and cucumber summer salad., It was delishous.

At 9:00PM, I decided to drive back to Clyde and get my cell phone. I will sleep in Clyde tonight, and leave here at 6:00AM in  order to be back on the boat before she wakes up at 8:00AM.

All these days of rest are wearing me out.....LOL

No comments: