Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 21 - Solomon's Island,Maryland

Today is our 36th Wedding Avviversary....we celebrated it by going to dinner at the Dry Dock Cafe at the marina.
The day was spent just doing nothing but hanging out at the marina, and we took the courtsey shuttle to the local Food Lion Grocery store.
After grocery shopping I decided to go below to see if I could at least change fuel filters one primary and two secondaries......what a mistake that was, as I forgot how to bleed the fuel and alsoI forgot that the new "O" rings go into the housing of the secondaries and not to put them with the filters. The engine still would not start, so I called Paul in and he spent all of two hours changing fuel filters on port engine, fixing those I put in starboard engine and also changed both oil filters for me.

Guess what, the starboard engine would still not start,then Paul asked how much fuel I had in my starboard tank, when I answered not much he had me and Dottie stand in the cockpit while he measured the length of the pick-up tube.....sure enough having three inches of fuel left was not enough, you need four he said.

No comments: