Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Synopsis of past two weeks October 17th to October 30th, 2013

Lets see.....we arrived in Deltaville, VA. on Thursday the 17th, after a smooth ride from Smith Point, VA. After arriving at Jack Dozier's Regatta Point Marnina, we tied up in a temporary slip until Sunday. Currently, I am in slip # Slip#G-35, however on Monday my new slip assignment will be G-3. We will stay there until we leave Deltaville...
Friday, Oct 19th....took the day off and did nothing,I did figure out that Dozier's monthly rate is a lot cheaper than weekly rate, so I paid marina for a month although I am leaving after two weeks.

On Saturday October 20, 2013, we started sanding the teak on the Lucky Find III,

Sunday October 21st, we continued sanding after a buffett breakfast at marina. I moved boat from G-35 to G-3....a lot closer to bathrooms, offices and courtsey cars.

On Monday the 21st of October, we returned to Glouscester to see about rental car for Dottie.....no luck, so I called Hertz and sure enough they had a car available on Tuesday.

Tuesday,October 222nd, I borrowed courtsey car and drove to Kilmarnock, VA to the Hertz place, and kissed Dottie good-bye as she drove north back to Clyde, NY.

Wednesday, October 23rd, thru Sunday, October 27th were work days as I tried to get our dinghy and davits back in shape after being torn off in Annapolis by a water taxi, and finally finished it on Sunday the 28th. Went to a Sunday buffet at a place called the Sunset Grill down the street. Basic breakfat and lunch fare, but a nice place with great friendly service.

Monday, October 28th, was spent doing sanding and getting all final amenities on dinghy. All teak is now done and waiting for Dottie to put on the Bristol Finish and get her looking new, AGAIN.
Tuesday, October 29th morning, I spent in the laundry room with the interior upholstery fabrics. After a quick phone call to Sunbrella, I found out that I could wash all cushion covers in a washing machine but do not put into dryer as they will shrink. After washing covers I put them on rail of boat to dry.....currently it is 72 degrees and sunny here, so a great day for that. All the guys on the dock are breaking my chops about doing "women's work", but when you are alone you do it all, and I am finding out that a woman's work is NEVER done..
Wednesday the 30th of October - Club Jeppesen Marine of which I am a member, is delivering my new navigation chip to cover me down the Chesapeake to St. Augustine, FL. Once in St. Augustine they will deliver a chip that covers St. Augustine to Key West FL.


I have cooked dinner and lucnh every day on boat and I need my restaurant fix soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very informative blog and helpful post and thanks for sharing this information to numerous peoples who is looking to get benefit with our services
Sell my car New York