Sunday, November 16, 2014

Roy Romer - RIP

The good Lord called our friend and neighbor Roy Romer home....today, and I was called to handle all funeral arrangements.. Roy was the type you could not HELP TO like.....he was a Silverton Owner also, and a good friend to all who had known him. Dolly Romer, who is Roy's wife called Dottie on her cell phone and we both responded. We were already on land, so figured Why Not? Do the funeral as if we were home. and do it, we did....we were home within two days. (11/18/14) We left the RV at Paradise Cove Marina and Camp Ground and took Dottie's car home. The guy who covers me while I am away is John Murphy......so we knew Roy was in good hands. John did all the work and I paid him, and will be leaving for Key Largo on Sunday the 23rd....Meanwhile Capt. John took a day off with a migraine after being hit by lightening and almost losing a prop due to the incompetent work done at Sail Craft Marina in Oriental, NC, however I will say this, he updated us day by day as to his whereabouts and what has been going on with the boat. I paid him today for 10days and told him to run at whatever he thought was fair and reasonable.....he did not charge me for the day he took off, and rested. Well...maybe I should not have paid him, as he cashed the check a few days early and that's when the shit hit the fan. First the prop problem, then the lightening hitting the boat and almost him. Captain John  does not have "People Skills" and he is the first to admit to it. But he is a nice guy and knows what he is doing.

No comments: