Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fire in the bilge.....fire!!

On Saturday,  April 17TH MY WIFE AND I DECIDED TO TAKE THE Lucky Find, a  22 foot center console, out and up to the lake....A Good ride  in a boat is just what I needed. Instead we never got out of the driveway with the boat.

 In preparing the boat for the lauch there were two loose wires in the bilge....from the bilge pump, and Dottie decided to put them together and accidently hit the positive terminal with them... up she went in smoke and being the hull is made of Ripolene (100 % plastic) all that is left is a ball of melted plastic. I have never actually seen what damages a  fire can cause until now. Luckily I have insurance on her.$ 13,000.00 worth of insurance. ( i only paid two thosand plus $600 for the motor. and 4k FOR trailer). I keep trailer and the most cash I will lose will be $2,600 if insurace does not pay for some reason or another. but there is also a catch to it.... I cannot find a boat similar to it for under $28,500.....so now the search is on. Should you know of anyone willing to sell a 2011 22 ' c.c.,  let me know...please.

I'll make him or her an offer they can't refuse.

No comments: