Monday, April 6, 2015

All Aboard......well, almost all, but a goodtime none the less.

On January  12th 2015 I left NY for Fla. and by myself stayed on the boat untill April 1st. I will say this about spending the winter in the heat of FL it was the best thing I could have done.The motorhome wintered in Oriental, NC, the boat and myself in the Key Largo area, (where everyday is 82 Degrees and sunny),  and Dottie stayed home in cold, dreary Clyde, NY.  (where everyday it either snowed or temps were below zero).

I had a pretty good time, although, all I did was work all day and drink at every bar in Key Largo during Happy hour. (4-6pm)

The teak is now all stripped and sanded waiting for Bristol Finish to be applied.

Also the boat is No Longer at Mantee Bay Club it is at the Key Largo Harbor Marina.

The Manatatee Bay Club  was way to desolate for me.I sold the dinghy on takeoff to a good friend by the name of Bedford at MBC.....and  I made a reservation at KLHM and brought her their on April 1, 2015.(25 minutes south by car and almost a full day by boat).  Dottie flew into Miami on Sunday the last day of March, I met het her at the airport and she worked hard to clean the boat on Monday, Tues and Wed. After signing the contrract and paying my first month's rent , we had exchanged papers for the dink, Dottie and I went straight out to have dinner. at the Conch House in Key Largo, FL.     We awoke early on April 2nd headed out for Oriental, NC to pickup the motorhome. We spent one night in Jaxsonville, Florida. Arriving at Oriental NC on April 3rd, Spent the night in our motorhome and then on Saturday we made it to VA, and on Easter Sunday night the 5th we were home in Clyde, NY, safe sound and freezing my butt off.

WE HAD A TERRIFIC TIME AND ADD THAT TO A GREAT WINTER AND YOU COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE  

No comments: