Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 43 - Oriental, NC November 8th, 2013 and the end of Leg 2

We pulled into Oriental, NC this AM at about 11:30 after leaving the BelleHaven Marine Waterway Marina at 7:30AM ,and then off we went in the marina's courtsey car to town to do food shopping, and West Marine to pick up and return a few items. Lunch was had aboard the boat and dinner also, after the cocktail party at the marina.

I can't get over how nice this marina is, in fact, it is so nice and everything including the docks are brand new. If it weren't so wide open, I would choose this marina to call our Home Port. I don't know wether I am flying or driving yet, but Dottie wants to be home for the holidays. We will NOT be aboard from 11/19 until 01/03/2014.
I am not going to Morehead City as planned.
When we get back, our next stop will be Beaufort, NC.

On Monday morning they will haul her out so I can check the bottom and drop her back in Monday AM. We call that a "short haul". For less than $100 bucks I get hauled out for a few hours, left in the slings to do whatever needs to be done. Actually they charge about $250 a month plus $ 76.00 bucks for the "short haul", taxes included. If you need to do antything at all, you can do it here. I like Whittaker Pointe Marina a lot...you get a courtsey car for as long or as often you need it, and if I fly home they drive you too and from New Bern airport. Plus I just love these bathrooms it gives a new meaning to the words "nice and private", and they say it gets better the further south you go.
Hmmmmmm.....I don't know how better it can get, but I am dying to find out. They don't want or need the business here in North Carolina, so it stays this way year round.

Check out these pics below to find out exactly what I mean...


We have a lot of people, and some come from as far away as Australia








No comments: